You have within you an unlimited capacity for extraordinary love, for joy, for communion with life, and for unshakable freedom—and here is how to awaken it. On The Wise Heart, celebrated author and psychologist Jack Kornfield offers an accessible, comprehensive, and illuminating guide to the universal teachings of Buddhist psychology. He shows you how to use powerful Buddhist insights and practices to go beyond the trap of “self-improvement”—and find in your own life the path to unconditional fulfillment and happiness discovered by the Buddha. In the moving style of Kornfield’s previous bestsellers, The Wise Heart invites you to discover:
• A life of awakened love and compassion in action
• The mystery of consciousness and the undying spirit
• Buddhist personality types and the methods for transcending the illusion of self
• “Behaviorism with heart”—Buddhist cognitive training
• Interdependence and why it is essential to your personal well-being
• How Western and Buddhist psychology complement each other
At the heart of Buddhist psychology lies a vision of radiant human dignity, the secret beauty we all share: our Buddha nature. “Seeing with the eyes of love,” explains Jack Kornfield, “reveals this beauty everywhere around us.” Join this trusted voice to experience the transformational power of Buddhism’s perennial strategies for enlightened living.
Abridged audiobook read by the author.