Introduction to Understanding Poetry on Audio
New Audio Book: Introduction To Poetry
LearnOutLoud.com presents our new audio book of the month for December:
Introduction to Poetry
We've carefully selected over 20 of the best-loved poems from the history of English poetry, attempting to include one great poem from all the major English and American poets beginning in the 17th century up to the early 20th century.
Each poem features a brief introduction and analysis to aid in appreciating the work. This collection of poetry is beautifully read by one of our favorite narrators Antonia Bath.
Here are the poems featured in historical order:
Sonnet 18 by William Shakespeare
Holy Sonnet 10 by John Donne
Lycidas by John Milton
To A Mouse by Robert Burns
The Tyger by William Blake
Ode to Duty by William Wordsworth
The Destruction of Sennacherib by Lord Byron
Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Ode on a Grecian Urn by John Keats
Old Ironsides by Oliver Wendell Holmes
Each and All by Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Rainy Day by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Sonnet 43 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Because I could not stop for Death by Emily Dickinson
The Charge of the Light Brigade by Alfred Tennyson
Prospice by Robert Browning
O Captain! My Captain! by Walt Whitman
Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold
Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll
The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot
The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilfred Owen
The Second Coming by William Butler Yeats
Whether you're a newcomer to the world of poetry or a seasoned listener of the great poets, we're sure you enjoy this collection. You can download it on MP3 (one poem per MP3 file) and bookmarkable MPEG-4 formats.
Download LearnOutLoud.com's Introduction to Poetry
Give a Gift from Our Top 100 Sellers
At LearnOutLoud.com our bestsellers list isn't similar to what you'd find at most other book retailers. Many of our top 100 sellers are among the most life-changing audio programs available. You can check out our top 100 sellers here:
LearnOutLoud.com's Top 100 Sellers
These educational & inspirational audio programs make great gifts that can be listened to again and again. Here are some of our favorites and how they rank in the Top 100:
4. Selby "Quiet Mind" Program - An excellent short audio program for helping listeners to relax and reduce stress. Available on MP3 Download.
6. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle - A inspirational guide to remaining in the present moment and overcoming the worries about the past and the future. Available on CD, Cassette, and MP3 Download.
7. The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles - A wealth wisdom classic that makes a great stocking stuffer. Available on CD and MP3 Download.
18. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - Actor Jim Dale's incomparable telling of this Dicken's classic. Available on CD and Cassette.
21. Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill - The definitive unabridged version of his classic work that has inspired millions. Available on CD and MP3 Download.
28. The Confessions of St. Augustine by Saint Augustine - At once an autobiographical account of Augustine’s life of Christian faith and a compelling theology of Christian spirituality for everyone. Available on Audio CD, MP3-CD, and MP3 Download.
30. Making a Good Brain Great by Daniel G. Amen - Learn how to take care of the most important organ in your body from brain authority Dr. Daniel G. Amen. Available on CD and MP3 Download.
67. The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer - Explore the power of intention as it opens the path toward co-creating your life. Available on CD and MP3 Download.
76. The Wisdom Of Joseph Campbell - Fascinating series of conversations between Michael Toms and the late Joseph Campbell recorded over a span of 12 years, as Campbell shares his vast knowledge of mythology, religion, philosophy, and life. Available on CD and MP3 Download.
82. MLK: The Martin Luther King, Jr. Tapes - This historical compilation of Martin Luther King, Jr. features live recordings of many of his most famous speeches. Available on CD and MP3 Download.
84. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky - An outstanding edition of one of the greatest novels in world literature. Available on CD and MP3 Download.
97. The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton - A spiritual autobiography from one of the 20th century's best-loved Christian writers. Available on CD and MP3 Download.