- Turtles under ice, fungal electronics, airplane radiation, black wolf viral resistance, hailstorm chasers and where the water’s going.
(Fri, Nov 25, 2022)";
- Octopus chucking, Mayan ruins mercury contamination, neighborhood black hole, climate makes shrimp snap, discovering T. Rex and how loons see through the murk
(Fri, Nov 18, 2022)";
- Rocket debris falling to Earth, non-compostable plastic, animal vocalization, illegal fishers use ‘stealth mode’ and Earth’s population hits 8 billion
(Thu, Nov 10, 2022)";
- Socializing between chimps and gorillas, deer and daylight savings, giant asteroid, aye-aye nose picking, Herzberg Gold medal and comet Shoemaker-Levy
(Fri, Nov 04, 2022)";
- Celebrating Bob McDonald's 30 years as host of Quirks & Quarks
(Fri, Oct 28, 2022)";
- Quirks and Quarks Introduces: The Outlaw Ocean
(Mon, Oct 24, 2022)";
- Brain cells play pong, genes for surviving the Black Death, a penguins extra egg, black hole burps and a natural history of spirits
(Fri, Oct 21, 2022)";
- Did life on Mars exterminate itself? Stone-age chemistry produces super-glue, African origins for dinosaurs, wolves’ attachment to humans, Nobel for Neanderthals and downloading the mind
(Fri, Oct 14, 2022)";
- Nobel for quantum entanglement, mystery of the missing bear toes, the dinosaurs’ last tsunami, the genetics of the Anglo-Saxon takeover of England and activists work to “Support our Science’
(Fri, Oct 07, 2022)";
- Redirecting an asteroid, Rainforest politics, wildlife and COVID, megalodon was a monster, Indigenous perspectives on Astronomy.
(Thu, Sep 29, 2022)";
- The Milky Way tells its story, raccoon criminal masterminds, back to the water, a medieval hate-crime and a city's summer smells.
(Fri, Sep 23, 2022)";
- 10,000 steps really are good for you, Astronomers thrilled by JWST, garbage picking cockatoos, on thin ice with Canadian glaciologists and red skies at night?
(Fri, Sep 16, 2022)";
- Quirks & Quarks Science in the Field special
(Fri, Sep 09, 2022)";
- Quirks and Quarks is on hiatus - new programs in September
(Wed, Jun 29, 2022)";
- The Quirks & Quarks listener question show
(Fri, Jun 24, 2022)";
- Black Death origins, chicken domestication, the life of a mastodon, elephant seal whiskers and ‘The Secret Perfume of Birds’
(Fri, Jun 17, 2022)";
- Music from the cosmos, thunderbird extinction, Hubble gets the big picture, invasive species and climate change and the natural history of sound.
(Fri, Jun 10, 2022)";
- Baby parrot babbling, a supernova stone, buzzing bats mimic hornets, scallops attracted by disco lights and why mushrooms are ‘world makers’
(Fri, Jun 03, 2022)";