- Tongan Volcano, why whales don’t choke on their food, darkness doomed the dinosaurs, plastic into marine fuel, electrically stimulating cartilage growth and scientific colonialism.
(Fri, Jan 21, 2022)";
- Seed dispersal and climate change, the Local Bubble, pint-sized war-horses, seeing memories form in an animal and a vaccine mixing study that didn’t quite happen.
(Fri, Jan 14, 2022)";
- Protecting cattle from wolves without killing, Shark antibodies to fight coronaviruses, wildlife DNA in the air, Tiny fish do the wave and why smoke is different from clouds.
(Fri, Jan 07, 2022)";
- Our annual holiday listener question show; Where does the rubber from tires go? Can a laser cut through a mirror? Why don’t some animals vomit?
(Fri, Dec 31, 2021)";
- Quirks and Quarks Introduces: Tai Asks Why - Special Episode
(Tue, Dec 21, 2021)";
- Holiday book show. We look at some great science books for winter reading or last minute gifts
(Fri, Dec 17, 2021)";
- Sounds of a coral reef, the message in young blood, ants communicate with vomit, the wildlife of Fukushima, NASA’s new space telescope and forests and carbon sequestration.
(Fri, Dec 10, 2021)";
- Xenobot self-replication, red light for declining vision, water from the solar wind, exploring the mind-body link, and Deaf in science: beyond the range of hearing
(Fri, Dec 03, 2021)";
- Snapping science, male pregnant seahorse placentas, astronauts in Labrador, slacklining, skateboarding robot, aerosol COVID and Maori soot in Antarctica
(Fri, Nov 26, 2021)";
- Finding the COVID resistors, Herzberg gold medal winner, green glitter, smashing an asteroid, why we have ‘Useful Delusions,’ and mosquito size questions
(Fri, Nov 19, 2021)";
- Vaccine prevents cervical cancer, Atacama comet evidence, bees sound the alarm, cane toad cannibalism and 100th anniversary of insulin.
(Fri, Nov 12, 2021)";
- Whale appetites feed ocean ecosystems, water vapour and climate change, sabre-tooth sociability, shedding light on bioluminescence
(Fri, Nov 05, 2021)";
- Black spruce and the boreal forest, mystery mummies from china, going deep on the great red spot, ants with metal mandibles and Andrew Weaver, political scientist, on COP26
(Fri, Oct 29, 2021)";
- Vikings in Newfoundland, new rocks from the moon, making wood better, LED streetlights suppress caterpillars, milk and migration and when humans improved the horse.
(Fri, Oct 22, 2021)";
- Fecal transplants a fountain of youth, supernova on repeat, bee dancing reveals foraging habits, tracking narwhal by their ‘fluke-prints,’ and how forgetting benefits the mind
(Fri, Oct 15, 2021)";
- Nobel prize winners in physics and chemistry, a super hot planet with calcium wind, burying CO2 in the deep sea, a sunscreen for the Great Barrier reef and walking water bears.
(Fri, Oct 08, 2021)";
- Indigenous archeology and unmarked graves, footprints of first peoples, laser cooked food, monkeys choke under pressure, vampire bats meet for a drink and spider learning
(Fri, Oct 01, 2021)";
- Introducing: Unlocking the Fountain
(Tue, Sep 28, 2021)";
- Bronze age town destroyed by meteor, global warming makes animals shapeshift, flying microchips, COVID vaccines for kids, and watching out for new COVID variants
(Fri, Sep 24, 2021)";
- The election and post-COVID science, toilet-training cattle, Prehistoric leather making tools and how galactic spiral arms feed black holes.
(Fri, Sep 17, 2021)";
- See what these Canadian researchers were doing during their summer of Science
(Fri, Sep 10, 2021)";